Translate My Blog

Welcome to my blog.

Welcome to my blog.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

My mirror speaks to me.....

My mirror speaks to me!

A grey hair gently falls on my shoulder- a tattletale sign of my continued aging. But it's ok! We’re all in as they say 'in the same boat.' There's no getting away from it.  
Then I look at my handsome Daniel and my beautiful Nikka and my good fortune reawakens within me.

I remember my dad when he was a young man and the good looks he was blessed with and how he stood out in all his photos! A handsome fiend! Then I compared them to ones he had taken in his later years. He looked old and the years had not been kind to him especially due to his use of alcohol and his excessive smoking.

In those restless days when smoking was the thing movies stars extolled and drinking ran rampant amongst the elite, the average person followed their footsteps with ambivalence, yet somehow they felt a power surge in imitating their screen idols.

And then one day as the years added up, and thirty years have since disappeared and the age twenty-six has now converted to fifty-six and each day seems to pass even sooner similar to white clouds rushing similar to a fast moving hurricane.

But one thing one needs to remembered, good looks are fleeting human frailties and could never be compared to our experienced and caring heart!

All the cosmetic surgeries now available to those who find solace in their belief that old age can be conquered under the experienced hands of a skilled surgeon, only to realize that escapades such as these only lend to the ruination of a kind and gentle face that was adored by the millions.

No amount of cosmetic surgery can take the place of a kind older gentleman, who has aged without the need for cosmetic surgeries. One who gives a helping hand to a little kid who just fell and scraped his knee, or the blood he donates to save a young man wounded in battle, or sitting by the bedside of a freighted girl who wakes up with nightmares, or shielding a scared boy or girl who fear the wrath of the roar of the lighting! Or one who gave his only piece of bread to a starving kid who wonders the streets with no parents to call his own!

Looks mean very little if there is no heart. Looks are temporary but a good heart remains permanent and as we get older our heart the now learned element of our system is far superior to the fading looks we were endowed with in our early stages of life!

Every day the mirror speaks to me, “Look around you,” it says, “and you will unquestionably see that beauty and striking looks disappear with age, that is an inevitability. Grow old and build a more beautiful and caring heart! That is the secret to immortality!”                              

No comments:

Post a Comment